Hysteria 2012 is a competition for previously unpublished stories of up to 2,000 words and poetry of up to 15 lines on almost any theme related to women. You may write in ANY GENRE except erotica or horror.
Ten winners in each category will be published in Hysteria 2012, an anthology of works to be sold on behalf of the Hysterectomy Association in our normal on-line outlets. Entries are to be made through the Hysterectomy Association website.
The competition closes at 11.59pm on 31st August 2012.
Prizes for both Competitions
One overall winner will be awarded First Prize in each category with a prize of £400 plus publication in Hysteria 2012. Nine other authors and poets will each win publication in Hysteria 2012.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE RULES BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
- Stories can be up to 2,000 words in length and can be on any subject relevant to women except erotica and horror.
- Poems can be up to 15 lines in length and on any subject relevant to women except erotica and horror.
- Stories and Poetry must the author’s unique work and must not be a translation of, or interpretation of, any other author’s work.
- The competition is open to any female author or poet
- Stories and poetry should be submitted in English only and must not be published or accepted for publication in any other work.
- Stories and poetry that have won, or which are under consideration, for any other competition are not eligible for entry.
- Please ensure your work is submitted by email in a word compatible document and is double-spaced on A4 paper and with numbered pages.
- Please include your personal details: name, address, telephone number and email address on a cover sheet only which should be the first page of your entry.
- Do not include your personal details on any other page of the manuscript.
- Please include your order number on each page of the manuscript
How To Enter Hysteria 2012
- The entry fee for each entry is £5. You may make multiple submissions as long as each is accompanied by the relevant entry fee and order number.
- Please place an order for your entry through the Hysterectomy Association. This will create an order number and you should include this on each page of your manuscript. We will use this number to track your entry and manuscript.
- All payments must be made through the Hysterectomy Association website and will be charged in Pound Sterling.
- You may pay by credit/debit card, PayPal or by cheque and the order system allows you choose your payment method.
- If you are paying by cheque, please post your cheque and your invoice to the address on the invoice when you submit your manuscript. Your entry will not be considered until the cheque has been processed by The Hysterectomy Association.
- Please make cheques payable to The Hysterectomy Association
- Once you have created and/or paid for your entry, please email your manuscript to email@example.com with your order number in the subject header of the email.
- Entries can be made up to 11.59pm on 31st August. Entries made after this time will not be considered and any monies paid will be refunded.
- Confirmation of receipt of both payment and entry will be automatically generated by our internal systems, please keep copies for your records.
- We cannot accept any alterations to stories once they have been submitted to the competition.
- The winners will be notified by email in October 2012 and announced on the Crystal Clear Books and Hysterectomy Association websites in November 2012. No discussion will be entered into and we will not be able to provide feedback on entries.
- Publication of the anthology Hysteria 2012 will be in November 2012. Copyright of all entries remains with the author but the author agrees to give Crystal Clear Books unrestricted rights to publish the winning stories and poems in the anthology, on Crystal Clear Books and the Hysterectomy Association websites and in any related materials for the purposes of Marketing and PR of both organisations.
- Winning authors and poets will be required to submit one professional photograph and undertake an interview which will be published on both websites.
- Copies of Hysteria 2012 can be purchased through this site and through the Hysterectomy Association from January 2013.
- The short story and poetry competition close at 11.59pm on 31st August 2012. Entries submitted after the deadline will not be eligible for entry.
- The short story and poetry competition are open to female writers of any nationality writing in English.
- No submissions that are erotica or horror will be accepted. Such entries will be disqualified. Disqualified entry fees will not be refunded.
- All entrants must be 18 years of age or over.
- All entries must be submitted by email with your order number clearly written in the subject line of the email
- You can enter as many times as you wish. One submission per entry fee.
- Please do not put your name and address anywhere on your entry, other than on the cover sheet. All judging is done anonymously. Any entries with names on them will have to be disqualified. Disqualified entry fees will not be refunded.
- Please include your order number on each page of the manuscript, this will be used to track your manuscript.
- Entries cannot be altered or changed after they have been entered.
- All entries must be available for publication in the anthology and, therefore, must not have been published previously in any form.
- No correspondence will be entered into once you have submitted your work. Please ensure you keep your payment, order and email entry confirmations for your records.
- Entries will not be returned under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entry if it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of the rules.
- We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the short story and poetry competition.
- We will act in accordance with current UK data protection legislation in relation to your personal data. All personal data entered on websites is secure.
- The competition judges’ verdict is final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into. We reserve the right to amend the rules where it is deemed necessary to do so or where circumstances are beyond our control. Any changes to the rules will be posted on the Crystal Clear Books website and notified on the Hysterectomy Association website.
- Crystal Clear Books and The Hysterectomy Association reserves the right not to award the first prize in either category and to cancel the publication of the anthology, where circumstances are beyond our control, or if the judges’ overall verdict is that the level of entries is not up to the required standard for publication. In the very unlikely event of the competition being cancelled, entry fees will be refunded.
- We reserve the right to edit (working with the author) the winning entries of both the short story and poetry competitions.
- Copyright for all short story and poetry competition winners remains with the authors and poets, but all entrants are deemed to grant Crystal Clear Books and the Hysterectomy Association exclusive worldwide license over their entries for publicity purposes thereafter. Selected pieces may appear in electronic format on the Crystal Clear Books and Hysterectomy Association websites, or in other electronic forms. Authors and Poets will be notified when such action is taken.
- Submission of your entry into the short story and/or poetry competition is taken to be an unqualified acceptance of all these Rules.